Sarah Vodka, a sophomore at Seattle University who can be easily spotted by the various pins on her backpack of different brands of alcohol, was spotted crying in the quad three days in a row preceding Halloween. When we approached her to find out what was wrong, she told us that her doctor had warned her against drinking alcohol for a few days due to recent health issues. “I just can’t believe that this is happening to me right now, before Halloween,” said Sarah. “I wouldn’t have been able to handle news like this at any other time either, but I’m really just shaken up thinking about how there’s no chance of me getting alcohol poisoning on Halloween.” We’ll be keeping Sarah in our prayers and hoping that she can survive this Halloween weekend.
— Neethi Bangalore